Update on the Home...

Saturday, September 6, 2008


I decided I better update you all on our home since the post "The Pleasures of Owning a Home". The water softener's circuit board ended up not being blown; Cody just had to jiggle a few parts to get it up and running. Yeah! We don't have to buy a new water softener. The roof is still leaking, but our home owners insurance is paying to have a new roof put on as well as the dry wall replaced where it leaked into our bedroom (Cody actually did a little "happy dance" when the agent from our insurance told us the good news) and Monday our house will be de-termited (did I forget to mention we had termites?). Hopefully this takes care of all the big expenses our house could incure for the next few years (knock on wood).

11 comments:

Unknown said...

All good news except for the termites! :) Can you be there when they exterminate them?

Natalie said...

Sounds like things are looking up! Your house looks so cute. I love the pickett fence!

Powell Family said...

Ah Claire...you're house is so dang cute...inside and out! It has been far too long since I have been there, so when are we getting together again? (Pretty sure I just invited myself over.) I'm glad things are looking up and I only wish I could have seen Cody's happy dance :). I'm still laughing at the story of Cody going out in the rain in his swim shorts to try and save your tree! I mean I guess that's the logical thing to wear when you're going to get wet, but it cracks me up! Bummer about the termites, but hopefully that will be the last thing in your line house woes. Call me soon!

Lindsay said...

I am glad it isn't as bad as you thought it was going to be. I love your house, you guys have done a great job fixing it up.

Tyler and Neihlee said...

Your house is so cute- I love your fence and flowers! I'm sorry about the termites!

Terin said...

Wow! at least your house is stinkin' adorable! Love the red door and fence

Jen and Ty said...

I think I am going to come down to phoenix next week some time and it would be fun to see you! I still have Cody's drill (which i feel bad about). I will hopefully see you soon! I can't remember if I have sent you an invite to our blog...if you want one, email me at jennifergailmartin@gmail.com

See you soon!

Jen and Ty said...

sorry for comment #2, but i don't have your email! Could I get the number of your health insurance guy? I am still looking around and would like to talk to someone you trust. Thanks!

Nicole said...

Your house looks so cute! I can't wait to own my own my own house! I am so tired of renting!

james n mary said...

OMG is this your house???!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks sweetie! How is life... you will make it there someday. Hopefully the world won't be such a violent place by the time you do. I would love more updates. Your little Cooper is darling.