I'm sure many of you got hit as hard as we did the last couple of nights with rain and wind. Tuesday night I came home from Mutual (it was pouring!) to find that we had a leak in our roof that was dripping through to our bedroom. This is the second leak we've found this Summer. Cody went up and tarred the roof Wednesday afternoon, but it began leaking again last night. Because of the placement of the leak (right along a beam) we're not quite sure where the water is coming through. With all the wind we got last night, one of our trees in the back began to tip over. Cody went out in his swimsuit during the worst part of the storm to try and tie it up so it didn't break the roots, but with all the rain the ground was so soft that the stake kept pulling out. So after giving up on that and placing a towel on the floor in our bedroom to catch the water, we decided it was time to read scriptures and go to bed. In the middle of reading, the power flickered off, turned back on, then went out again. Cody and I got the flashlights, finished reading the chapter, then decided to get ready for bed. Without fans and ac (our ac was already set at 82 degrees) the house began to heat up. After 15 minutes we gave in and drove to Cody's parents house to sleep. When we came back this morning we found out the power had turned back on around 2:30am. I'm glad we didn't try to stick it out at home. On top of all that, our water softener began to fill with water a month or so ago. We called a plumber friend of ours who said we needed to special order a part. $40 for the part and $115 for labor later, we found out that the circuit board in the water softener rusted out when it filled with water. Ugh!
So, with all that I'm saying, isn't it lovely to own your own home?
We need a new roof and a new water softener. Too bad we don't have a money tree (granted, it probably would've blown over in the wind yesterday too)!

8 comments:
Amen to that! It's fun to have your own place, until you have to fix something!!
I'm sorry...that really does stink. Luckily Cody's parents live close and have room for you! ;)
It does seem like it is never ending! This past week we actually spent a couple nights at my parents house because our ac wasn't working in new new house, so I can relate. What programs have you been using for your digital scrapbooking?
I guess I should be thankful for my little apartment. Repairs on anything is never fun.
can TOTALLY relate to this post! Our a/c was out for over a week, and was very $$$$ to fix :(
money tree! yay! totally random but everytime we go to the buddhist temple with my mom, we always make a money tree. then we get there adn there are a TON of huge money trees! wait, did i not explain the money tree? it's like a christmas tree but isntead of ornaments, you hang dollars. yay!
Yep!!! it ends up being a never ending list. You think everything is finally fixed and working and then you are slammed with something else. But at least it is yours Gotta love the AZ rain!
Rae is me Rachel E. I cannot figure out how to make it link up to my blog. I have a few google emails and I never remember which one I am logged into so I post as Rae or Rachel depending on which email is signed up. Just didn't want you to wonder who I was.
Post a Comment