
Cooper Jed Riding was born on February 21, 2008. He weighed in at 7lbs 10oz and was 21 1/2 inches long. I woke up that morning at 3:45am and thought I just had a stomach ache from something I had eaten the night before. Then I realized that the pains were coming on every ten minutes. I thought for sure it must be pre-labor pains, not the real thing. I still had a week and a half until Cooper's due date (March 3). At 5:30am I finally got out of bed and decided that I would not tell Cody about my contractions-he would make me stay at home. I taught my first graders the whole day while having contractions five minutes apart (despite the concerns of the other teachers) and finally went to the doctor that afternoon. He told us that Cooper would be coming that night. We checked into the hospital at 7:30pm, I got an epidural at 10pm (already dilated to an 8!) and Cooper was born at 11:40pm.
Our Newest Addition...
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Posted by The Riding Family at 10:41 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Did you at least sit down while teaching? Post more pics - and thanks for the one you emailed earlier. Maybe someday I'll get a blog of my own?
LY!
I did have to sit down whenever I was having a contraction. Good thing I taught 6 year olds who didn't catch on to the fact that I was in labor! :)
He is so adorable Claire. I can't wait to see him in person. Congratulations!
That's so funny, I like to find any excuse to not go to work :). He came early, I had no idea he was born until a few days ago! Glad everything went well!
Claire! I haven't seen you in years! You and your family are so beautiful. COngrats on the new addition. Being a mom is the best. That is the craziest labor story I have ever heard. You are tough woman. You should check out my blog. I am so glad to be in touch with you. Terin Farnsworth Sessions
I can't believe you went the whole day in Labor at school! I'm not sure I could be that tough!!
Claire! Congratulations! He is beautiful! This is Kari Barnes Stock by the way...
Post a Comment